The Observer

Preparations Underway for Annual Mega Texas Fest (Pre-View)

Jillian Vandergrift, Staff Writer

With November 5th creeping closer and closer, the Campus Activities Board (CAB) is working harder than ever to ensure another successful Mega Texas Fest. Every committee of CAB is working together to make sure every aspect of the evening goes perfectly.

“We wanted this experience to be interactive and fun,” CAB President Montse Munoz said. “We will be giving out long-sleeved T-shirts as well. The weather is supposed to be nice so we are excited for people to just eat good food, listen to good music, and make good memories.”

Mega Texas Fest is Austin College’s own version of the Texas State Fair. The cafeteria will be closed that evening, and students are encouraged to come to the fest to indulge in fair food like turkey legs, baked beans, quesadillas, mac and cheese and apple pie. The food is free, and a meal plan is not needed. Rides and activities such as a euro-bungee and mechanical bull will be available, along with an inflatable. T-shirts will be given on a first-come first-serve basis. There will also be a performance by Katie Basden, a country artist who was a contestant on The Voice. To add to the excitement for the students, faculty and staff, there will  be a special guest this year.

“For this Mega Texas Festival, we are going to have a baby kangaroo!” Montse said.

Mega Texas Fest starts at 5pm on the College Green on Saturday, November 5th. Get there early to grab a shirt, taste some delicious food and enjoy the fair with your friends!